• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

SCIENTISTS BELIEVE THEY HAVE FOUND A CURE FOR HIV (and its herbal)

Psyke

Bluelighter
scientists believe they have found a cure for HIV. And it's apparently from the 'palm' plant. the drug is called AMBUSH.

AMBUSH is a radioactive isotope of uranium that is found in the 'palm' plant of which there are more than 3000 species. When ingested, AMBUSH causes the body temperature in the trunk area to rise to about 102 degrees when the individual is sleeping. The preparation takes four hours per batch, which is then given to the individuals for consumption 60 ml three times daily for 21 days. AMBUSH is a herbal...

http://www.examiner.com/technology-in-miami/scientist-believe-they-found-a-cure-for-aids-hiv

I'm not even going to go into the science of this, and why its probably not feasible, but let me just say that this is one of the most poorly written pieces of journalism that I've ever seen. I mean there is a grammatical error in the title alone.

Also note that the "AMBUSH" product that you mentioned was from a comment on the article, not the article itself. It's obviously a copypasta from an ad of some sort. I wouldn't trust this at all.

The part you quoted is not the actual article, but spam comment pushing sham medicine. The quoted text is nonsensical, and an obvious attempt to deceive the masses by imitating medical/scientific writing tone.

The actual article merely states that they have made white blood cells in the mouse which are immune to infection by HIV through modification of a surface protein. Even if it works in people, it's at best an expensive and awkward treatment - HIV kills by destroying white blood cells, thus crippling the immune system, resulting in patients dying to other pathogens which are normally not a threat. The scientists have demonstrated that white blood cells which are immune to HIV. But white blood cells are produced constantly in the body (and are constantly replenished over time) - so to turn this into a treatment, you'd need to make the body produce the HIV-immune white blood cells (we don't have a way to do this), or continually give patients infusions of these cells produced in vitro (production is certain to be slow, difficult, and hence expensive). And that's all assuming the whole thing works in humans at all!

This is nowhere near a cure for HIV, and in fact describes work that is farther from a "cure" than other recent research.

And, the source you're linking to is practically a tabloid, if you couldn't tell from the article's writing style.

yeah i suck

and yes i realize that was from a user's comment (i guess i was just being hopeful) and the article is pretty horrible. I stumbled upon it though and thought it might provide some sunshine to some poor HIV positive patient's day